Norwich 20 Group artists showcase their work in two city exhibitions
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Artists from the Norwich 20 Group are presenting their work at two art exhibitions in the city this month.
The first – called Eastern Horizons – is currently at The Forum and runs until July 15.
It is the 72nd N20G annual exhibition and features work by 70 artists. The show, which has been curated by East Anglian Art Fund director Amanda Geitner, features paintings, sculptures, limited edition prints, digital art, moving images and installations.
A second N20G exhibition called Never Mind the B****** Art Show will open at The Undercroft, below the war memorial, on July 26 and run until August 7. It will feature more than 40 artists.
Martin Laurance, N20G chairman, said: 'Our exhibitions at The Forum and The Undercroft are our contribution to this great summer of contemporary art in Norwich, led by British Art Show 8, at NUA and Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery, featuring a veritable smorgasbord of visual art.'
He added: 'From its beginnings in 1944, with just 14 members, N20G has grown over the years and now has 89 members... Visual art has changed during that time, increasing its scope and diversity and the group reflects these changes with a growing membership; whose art encompasses digital media, installation, textiles, printmaking and moving image as well as sculpture, drawing and painting.'
N20G members will be at The Forum exhibition every day, between 10am and 6pm, to talk to visitors about their art.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
For more about the Norwich 20 Group visit www.norwich20group.co.uk.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org