Northgate High School students visited by anti-bullying music programme
- Credit: Archant
Northgate High School got into the musical spirit on Monday October 15 when students were visited by the Power of Muzik, a new programme created to empower and inspire young people.
Created by CeCe Sammy, celebrity vocal coach and mentor to rising stars of The X Factor and The Voice, the Power of Muzik uses music therapy techniques and powerful messaging within music to educate and spread positive advice to young people going through personal challenges, mental health issues and bullying.
Leading the Northgate Show was Denis Coleman, a 15 year old multi-instrumentalist and the winner of last year's Open Mic UK/Future Music's songwriter of the year competition.
Also performing was Asher Knight, a rising star who experienced physical and emotional bullying first hand and former X Factor contestant, Luena Martinez.
The artists also shared their own personal experiences and struggles, demonstrating how each overcame adversity and conquered their fears through the power of music.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage