Northgate High School students visited by anti-bullying music programme
- Credit: Archant
Northgate High School got into the musical spirit on Monday October 15 when students were visited by the Power of Muzik, a new programme created to empower and inspire young people.
Created by CeCe Sammy, celebrity vocal coach and mentor to rising stars of The X Factor and The Voice, the Power of Muzik uses music therapy techniques and powerful messaging within music to educate and spread positive advice to young people going through personal challenges, mental health issues and bullying.
Leading the Northgate Show was Denis Coleman, a 15 year old multi-instrumentalist and the winner of last year's Open Mic UK/Future Music's songwriter of the year competition.
Also performing was Asher Knight, a rising star who experienced physical and emotional bullying first hand and former X Factor contestant, Luena Martinez.
The artists also shared their own personal experiences and struggles, demonstrating how each overcame adversity and conquered their fears through the power of music.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats