North Walsham student raising funds for Africa school-building trip
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham teenager is heading out to Africa this summer to help build a school for the locals.
Remie Grice will play her part in constructing the education centre for the Berber people living in Morocco's High Atlas mountains,
It is a part of a project by the Childreach charity which recruited her during a visit to Nottingham Trent university where the 19-year-old is in her second year of studying law.
The former North Walsham High School student is holding some fund-raising events in her home county to raise the £1,350 needed to go on the trip - which is split between her own living expenses, building materials and the wider work of the charity which seeks to unlock the potential of children in developing countries.
There is a pub quiz at the Bluebell pub in North Walsham on February 22 at 8.30pm, and a party at North Walsham's Greens Road football ground on March 29.
You may also want to watch:
Remie, from Rye Close, said: 'The trip will be a new experience. I have been to Africa before, but only on holiday to Tunisia.
'As well as helping with the building, we get a chance to meet the local children.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Her mother, hairdresser Lorraine Wright, has been heavily-involved in local fundraising in the past, for cancer charities in memory of her friend Helen Plummer, and will be lending a hand with her daughter's money-spinning efforts too.
To add to Remie's fundraising visit https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/remiegrice1.
People can also text UNLOCK 111531 to 70007 to donate £3 directly.
For more information about the fundraising events phone Mrs Wright on 01692 404986.
For more information about the charity and its work see www.childreach.org.uk.