North Walsham schoolgirl receives ‘surprise’ from the Queen
- Credit: SALLY LEE
Christmas came early for a schoolgirl from North Walsham this week.
Christmas came early for a schoolgirl from North Walsham this week - after she received a card from the Queen.
Six-year-old Olivia Bush had penned a Happy Birthday message to Her Majesty earlier this year as part of the Kingsfisher Kids Club party to celebrate her 90th birthday.
Having made crowns, dressed up, baked and decorated cakes, she revealed she wished she could send her handmade card to the Queen for real - and a member of staff popped it in the post.
Having both forgotten about the card, the staff and children were 'very surprised' to this week receive a letter addressed to Olivia, with the Royal Crest on the envelope, from Buckingham Palace.
You may also want to watch:
Inside was a thank you message from the Queen.
It read: 'I send you my grateful thanks for the kind words you have sent to me on the occasion of my ninetieth birthday – Elizabeth R 2016.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Included with the card was a message from the Palace which added: 'The Queen hopes you will understand that, because of the enormous numbers of letters, cards and messages she has received in the last few months, it has not been possible to reply until now.'
Kingsfisher Kids Club were thrilled with the royal surprise.
Supervisor Sue Shepheard said: 'We are very proud of the children at Kingfisher and we were all very excited when Olivia opened the envelope, it was like Christmas coming early.'