North Walsham Round Table Santa sleigh to help baby Ryan Wright cancer appeal
Santa's sleigh will be touring North Walsham this Christmas to try and raise �5,000 for local one-year-old Ryan Wright who is battling the rare cancer neuroblastoma.
North Walsham Round Table members are giving Father Christmas a hand with his deliveries after chairman Darren Barker paid Ryan's family a visit, at their home in Fairview Road.
Ryan is undergoing chemotherapy at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, following surgery to remove a tumour. But his family has been told that there is a strong likelihood the cancer will return when he is a little older and they believe, if that happens, his only hope would lie in treatment available in Germany which could begin at a cost of about �20,000.
'I was really moved by Ryan's story,' said Mr Barker. 'As a table we were keen to support in any way we could and so decided that we would focus our biggest fund-raising event of the year on supporting Ryan and his family.'
North Walsham Round Table usually raises about �2,500 annually for local causes with the sleigh. But members are hoping to double that amount in order to give Ryan's appeal a significant boost and they will also be collecting outside Sainsbury's and the new Waitrose, due to open at the end of the month.
You may also want to watch:
? For �25 companies can have their logo displayed on the side of the sleigh. Email NWRT@inspired-change.co.uk or visit www.charitygiving.co.uk/NWRT
for more information, or to make donations.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 9 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith