North Walsham rock night for tots’ cots at the Norfolk and Norwich
A 'Solid Night of Rock' this Saturday will help the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's Cots for Tots appeal.
Norfolk bands Blind Tiger, Raw Edge, Pocket Godzillas, Super Action Heroes, and Pout at the Devil will be playing at this year's North Walsham Live Aid gig in the town's community centre from 8pm to 1am.
Organiser Barry Holden hopes the event will raise enough to buy four more cots for the hospital's neo-natal intensive care unit.
The evening will also feature hot food, a raffle and an auction of rock memorabilia with guitars, drums, photos and other items signed by some of the genre's most prestigious names.
They include Brian May, Roger Taylor, Mike Rutherford, Nick Mason. Ozzy Osbourne, Bill Wyman, Geezer Butler, Peter Andre and Phil Collins.
Many were collected personally by Mr Holden either when some stars were visiting North Walsham to take part in a game shoot earlier this year, or at gigs around the country.
Mr Holden first organised a highly-successful North Walsham Live Aid gig in 1984 in response to the Ethiopian famine. He revived the event in 2004 to help Asian tsunami victims and has raised �25,000 for good causes with the gigs over the past six years.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Tickets cost �8 from North Walsham shops Showcase Gallery, Music Hut and Postle's.
For details of the auction items go to www.horners.co.uk auctioneers and click on 'Charity Music Event.' For more information ring 07903 902731.