Road closed and three injured in north Norfolk crash
- Credit: Archant
A busy road in north Norfolk road has reopened after it was completely blocked by a collision.
Three people have been injured in the crash, which happened on the A149 North Walsham Road between Northrepps and Thorpe Market this morning (Monday, September 28).
It was earlier reported that two people had been injured in the two- vehicle crash, however the East of England Ambulance Service later said three people were taken to hospital.
An ambulance spokesman said an air ambulance was part of their response.
The spokesman said: “Three ambulances, an ambulance officer vehicle and Essex and Herts Air Ambulance were called to North Walsham Road this morning (Sept 28) following a road traffic collision.
You may also want to watch:
“Two men and a woman were transported to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further assessment and care.”
A spokesman from Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: “We’ve been called to reports of a road traffic collision on the North Walsham Road in Northrepps. Two appliances are on the scene - one from Cromer and one from Sheringham. Police and ambulance are on the scene as well.”
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 5 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 'Forgotten' pub to go under hammer after fails to sell
- 8 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 9 Popular heritage railway to reopen in April
- 10 18 of Norfolk's most fascinating buildings
A Norfolk Police spokesman said two vehicles were involved.
The spokesman said: “Police were called at 9.20am to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A149 between Thorpe Market and Northrepps.
“The road is completely blocked whilst emergency services are in attendance.”
The road was reopened shortly after 1.40pm.