Town is one step closer to new skate park after £1500 donation
- Credit: Archant
A total of £1500 has been raised to support the creation of an inclusive playground and skate park in a Norfolk town.
Christmas may have been and gone, but North Walsham Play recieved a late gift from North Walsham Roundtable totalling £1502.03.
The money was raised from the annual sleigh appeal in the run up to Christmas 2019.
Matthew Smith MBE, trustee of North Walsham Play, said: "We have really enjoyed helping Santa and his elves once again as they visited many parts of North Walsham.
"We will put the donation to very good use with regards to reaching our £185,000 fundraising target for a new skate park."
You may also want to watch:
Ed Margarson, sleigh appeal organiser, said: "The roundtable and I continue to be overwhelmed at the level of support given to our annual Sleigh Appeal.
"It was great to see so many children enjoy seeing Santa and his sleigh visit many roads across the town during December."
To find out more about North Walsh Play visit their website.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray