‘It’s going to be a struggle’ - museum hopes to reopen in two weeks
- Credit: Archant
A town’s popular motorcycle museum is hoping to reopen in the coming weeks.
The Norfolk Motorcycle Museum in North Walsham has been closed since lockdown began, but now owner Steven Harmer, 51, hopes to open alongside retailers in two weeks’ time.
Mr Harmer said the team at the museum were holding a meeting next week to work out a risk assessment and to look at ways the museum can reopen, whilst keeping visitors socially distant.
He said: “Until they confirm we can reopen as a museum, it’s going to be a struggle because obviously we’re not getting too many people coming out on holiday, and that is the problem.
“We will try and comply with the government rules and if we can open, we will open in a respectful way.”
You may also want to watch:
The museum has been kept stable during lockdown by a grant from North Norfolk District Council, while Mr Harmer has been using the time to carry out restoration work on the bikes.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 6 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 'Quite an adventure' - Missing owl found in kitchen 20 miles away