North Walsham library group receives picture perfect £500 donation
- Credit: Paul Marriott
A retirement house building company has donated to a North Walsham library group which encourages mental wellbeing.
The group, Colour Me Calm, organizes colouring-in sessions as a way of promoting relaxation. McCarthy and Stone, the housebuilder behind the Louis Arthur Court retirement living project in North Walsham, has pledged its support to the group with a £500 donation.
Karen Rowley, communications officer for the library, said: 'We are very grateful to have been selected by McCarthy and Stone to receive this generous donation, especially as the popularity of the group really is beginning to grow.'
She said the funds will enable the library to buy additional resources and expand its services to even more retirees across the county.
Retirees are invited to the library every Friday from 10am to 12pm to enjoy all the benefits of a colouring session.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 10 Narrowest of margins as Junkyard Market gets 12-month permission