North Walsham ‘Guy’ raising cash to aid guys
Pass this penny-for-the-guy on bonfire night and he might reach out a straw-lined sleeve and shake a charity tin in your direction.
Fearless Chris Baldwin aims to escape Guy Fawkes' fiery fate, but cash in on his fame for a good cause.
Mr Baldwin, 61, is a regular at North Walsham's White Swan pub which has been collecting money in aid of prostate cancer.
He's decided to dress as a guy and be pushed in a wheelbarrow through Walsham's streets and into other town pubs on Saturday, collecting for the cause.
And when he gets back to the White Swan, Mr Baldwin's pledged to undergo a head and beard shave to raise even more money for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm just your local idiot. My beard's fairly thick - a bit like me - and I thought it would be good fun. I love entertaining people,' said former cleaner Mr Baldwin, who lives in the town's Saxon Court.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden