North Walsham driving duo complete 3,000-mile challenge for charity EACH
- Credit: Archant
A daring duo from north Norfolk hit the road across Europe in a car they purchased for just £130 to help raise money for sick children.
Jake Isbell and Harry Bird, both of North Walsham, took part in the charity drive spanning nearly 3,000 miles to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The pair travelled through France, the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, and finally Benidorm, in Spain, before returning and completing the final stretch of the journey in just over 24 hours.
Mr Isbell, is a self-confessed 'car-nut' and works for Lotus cars. He said: 'Thank you to every single person who has supported us through it all.
'We aimed to raise £600 but we are almost up to £2,000 and still counting.'
You may also want to watch:
They purchased the Ford Mondeo for £130 and added numerous gadgets, lights, and accessories, and sign-writing to promote EACH.
- To donate visit the Just Giving page www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charitydrivetobenidorm.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140