North Walsham driving duo complete 3,000-mile challenge for charity EACH
- Credit: Archant
A daring duo from north Norfolk hit the road across Europe in a car they purchased for just £130 to help raise money for sick children.
Jake Isbell and Harry Bird, both of North Walsham, took part in the charity drive spanning nearly 3,000 miles to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The pair travelled through France, the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, and finally Benidorm, in Spain, before returning and completing the final stretch of the journey in just over 24 hours.
Mr Isbell, is a self-confessed 'car-nut' and works for Lotus cars. He said: 'Thank you to every single person who has supported us through it all.
'We aimed to raise £600 but we are almost up to £2,000 and still counting.'
You may also want to watch:
They purchased the Ford Mondeo for £130 and added numerous gadgets, lights, and accessories, and sign-writing to promote EACH.
- To donate visit the Just Giving page www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charitydrivetobenidorm.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area