North Walsham Community Fun Day draws the crowds to Memorial Park despite the morning’s bad weather
- Credit: Archant
Crowds of people, undeterred by the bad weather, flocked to the fifth annual North Walsham fun day today.
The morning's wind and rain stayed away for the afternoon as the community came together for games, food and music on the Memorial Park.
Vintage tractors and cars drew the crowds and a special appearance was made by Miss Teen Norfolk Gabriella Ryan who helped to collect money for charity.
Fun day chairman Andrea Canham said it was important have the day each year.
She said: 'I think it helps to get the community spirit back in north Walsham.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Canham called for more people provide arena entertainment such as dancing and said it would be nice to get more schools involved.
Sirens were heard as the emergency services teams joined in the festivities with their vehicles.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
Another crowd pleaser was the dog agility display where perfect pooches showed off their polished skills by leaping over jumps and weaving between poles.
Visitors enjoyed a hog roast, tea tent, icecream and cakes during the day which went on til 4pm.
As well as bringing the town together, the fun day raises money for charity and the annual Christmas light festivities.
The total raised is still being counted, and will be split between the Christmas lights committee and the North Walsham and District Lions Club that together organise the event.