North Walsham Christmas lights switch-on details
- Credit: Archant
Lanterns, stalls, music and Father Christmas are all lined up for North Walsham's Christmas lights switch-on celebrations on November 29.
Events will begin at 3pm. Market Place will be closed with charity and other stalls, and fairground rides packing the street.
From 3.30pm-4pm the choir of North Walsham Infant and Junior Schools will entertain at the Market Cross, and at 4pm Father Christmas will sleigh down from Church Street to his grotto outside Lloyds Bank in Market Place.
A children's lantern procession will make its way at 5.45pm through Market Place to the cross for the 6pm switch-on by Gabbi Ryan, 18, from Swafield, who came third in this summer's Miss Teen GB contest.
New this year will be a farmers' market, with stalls in the St Nicholas Court precinct throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
A Salvation Army band will accompany community carol singing around the Market Cross after the switch-on.
And the fun will continue, after the switch is pulled, at North Walsham Parish Church where teddies and other soft toys are invited, for £1 a go, to zipwire from the top of the church tower to the churchyard below.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
The church will be open from 3pm with children's craft activities on offer, seasonal organ music, and this year's Boy Bishop - a chorister dressed as a bishop - will be present.