North Walsham children’s club “elated” at outstanding Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant © 2006
Staff and youngsters at a North Walsham children's holiday, breakfast and after school club are jumping for joy, after Ofsted inspectors rated the facility oustanding in all areas.
Kidzone, which is run by Norfolk and Suffolk-based charity the Benjamin Foundation, hosts clubs for children aged from three-13 at North Walsham Junior School, with youngsters offered healthy meals, as well as a range of indoor and outdoor activities.
In their report, which said children were happy, highly motivated and thoroughly enjoyed the club, inspectors praised staff for using their understanding of what children like to do like to do to provide an 'inspiring' range of 'varied and imaginative' activities.
Kidzone staff developed strong relationships with parents, the report added, also working hard to forge strong links with the local school and pre-school.
'This enables staff to plan a wealth of activities that match children's interests and complement their learning,' inspectors said.
Kidzone play work manager Teresa Moate, who was commended for her knowledge of the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and her 'enthusiastic and committed' team, said the group was proud of the outstanding rating.
'Kidzone empowers children,' she added. 'And we believe that the children who attend our service should be at the heart of what we deliver.'
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
Other areas singled out for praise included children's 'exceptional' behaviour, which saw all ages play harmoniously together; the staff team's efforts to encourage children to develop their self-motivation and confidence; the 'plentiful' opportunities provided for youngsters to enjoy fresh air and exercise and the strong bonds children forged with their key workers.
Commenting on feedback from questionairres, inspectors said parents and carers valued the excellent care and support from staff and described the club as 'fantastic'.
We are elated with the award of outstanding,' Ms Moate said. 'All the staff have worked hard to achieve this award and are proud of such an achievement.'
There are currently places available at Kidzone and enquiries are welcomed by Teresa on 01692 407012 or email: Teresa.Moate@benjaminfoundation.co.uk