North Walsham children’s club “elated” at outstanding Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant © 2006
Staff and youngsters at a North Walsham children's holiday, breakfast and after school club are jumping for joy, after Ofsted inspectors rated the facility oustanding in all areas.
Kidzone, which is run by Norfolk and Suffolk-based charity the Benjamin Foundation, hosts clubs for children aged from three-13 at North Walsham Junior School, with youngsters offered healthy meals, as well as a range of indoor and outdoor activities.
In their report, which said children were happy, highly motivated and thoroughly enjoyed the club, inspectors praised staff for using their understanding of what children like to do like to do to provide an 'inspiring' range of 'varied and imaginative' activities.
Kidzone staff developed strong relationships with parents, the report added, also working hard to forge strong links with the local school and pre-school.
'This enables staff to plan a wealth of activities that match children's interests and complement their learning,' inspectors said.
You may also want to watch:
Kidzone play work manager Teresa Moate, who was commended for her knowledge of the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and her 'enthusiastic and committed' team, said the group was proud of the outstanding rating.
'Kidzone empowers children,' she added. 'And we believe that the children who attend our service should be at the heart of what we deliver.'
- 1 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
Other areas singled out for praise included children's 'exceptional' behaviour, which saw all ages play harmoniously together; the staff team's efforts to encourage children to develop their self-motivation and confidence; the 'plentiful' opportunities provided for youngsters to enjoy fresh air and exercise and the strong bonds children forged with their key workers.
Commenting on feedback from questionairres, inspectors said parents and carers valued the excellent care and support from staff and described the club as 'fantastic'.
We are elated with the award of outstanding,' Ms Moate said. 'All the staff have worked hard to achieve this award and are proud of such an achievement.'
There are currently places available at Kidzone and enquiries are welcomed by Teresa on 01692 407012 or email: Teresa.Moate@benjaminfoundation.co.uk