North Norfolk tutor ready for her first London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk's Kerri Clarke, 32, has been training hard ahead of the London Marathon.
Miss Clarke, who lives in Bodham, near Cromer, and is a self-employed tutor, is taking part in the race on Sunday, April 23, to raise money for the Royal British Legion.
She said: 'I have been a member of the RBL in Sheringham for over 15 years and consider it a vital charity for the support of British service personnel and their dependents at home and overseas.'
She has already raised the £2,000 target needed to take part in the race.
Her mother Mel Clarke, who lives with her in Bodham, added: 'We are a military family and a three generations household.
'Her dad was in the army for 27 years and she was in the TA. This is the first time she will have run the marathon, and she's done an awful lot of training. She ran with the Coltishall Jaguars club to help her training.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row