Powercut affects hundreds of homes and businesses
- Credit: Archant
An unexpected powercut is affecting parts of Norfolk this afternoon.
A power outage was first reported in parts of Holt, Reepham and Blakeney to UK Power Networks at 3.06pm on Thursday, December 12.
When the outage first occurred, 1769 properties were affected but now electricity in the area has been re-routed and 323 customers are still affected.
The electricity provider believe the problem is being caused by a high voltage overhead electricity line fault.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
You may also want to watch:
"Rest assured once they arrive, they'll work as quickly as is safely possible to get your power back on."
Postcodes affected include: NR10 4, NR2 5, NR24 2, NR25 6, NR25 7 and NR27 9.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
UK Power Networks estimate power to be returned by 5.30pm.