North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb moves constituency office in North Walsham
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb has moved his constituency office to a new site in North Walsham.
The Liberal Democrat MP's new base officially opened today in the former Grandma's Pantry shop at the North Walsham Garden Centre site on Norwich Road.
A spokesman said the old offices, on Vicarage Street, had proved problematic because there was no parking and they were not accessible to those with mobility problems.
'One constituent who recently visited the old offices in a mobility scooter was forced to sit outside in the rain while speaking to Norman because they couldn't get in,' he added.
Grandma's Pantry has now moved inside the garden centre.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lamb said the new office had full disabled access and unlimited free parking.
He added: 'This should make it much more accessible for the vast majority of my constituents across north Norfolk, and I very much hope it will make it easier for them to come to my office and raise issues with me on a regular basis'.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
The telephone number for the office will remain unchanged. Constituents wanting an appointment to see Mr Lamb can phone 01692 403752 or email email@example.com.
The office will open from 10am-1.30pm on weekdays. Its postal address is: Unit 4, North Walsham Garden Centre, Nursery Drive, Norwich Road, North Walsham, NR28 0DR. Letters sent to the old address will be re-directed.