North Norfolk leads the way for dog-friendly beaches - but do you agree with the choice?
- Credit: Archant
A new guide features the area in a list of some of the country's most popular beaches for pet owners.
A busy beach in north Norfolk has been named one of the most dog-friendly in the country.
Wells features in the top 10 guide published by Canine Cottages this week.
It has been described as 'a year-round favourite with dogs on walkies, humans on walkies and everything in between'.
The guide states: 'Wells has a fabulous beach that your canines can enjoy whenever they like. Colourful huts line the shore, with sand dunes to play on and the sea to splash in, creating an exciting environment for your dogs to run and relax on, enjoying their pawfect holiday come rain or shine.
'Wells also has a lovely pine walk on the other side of the dunes, making up part of the Norfolk Coast Path and Peddars Way.'
The canine travel experts pointed out it is important to keep energetic dogs entertained even when on holiday, so they have scoured the UK to find the best dog friendly beaches which allow pooches to have a splash in the sea and dig in the sand completely rule free!
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 10 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
Other beaches featured in the guide include Eyemouth in Scotland, Crantock in Cornwall, and Rhossili Bay in South Wales, which was voted in the top four of Britain's Best Beach on TripAdvisor for four years running.
Do you agree with them? Send us photographs of your dog enjoying their favourite beach and we will print our favourites in the paper! Email: email@example.com with details of the beach, along with the name and breed of your dog.