North Norfolk holiday park Kelling Heath scoops Alan Rogers award
North Norfolk holiday destination Kelling Heath Holiday Park has been voted one of the best country campsites in Europe.
The 250-acre park near Holt, was one of two UK campsites to be recognised at this year's Alan Rogers Awards – an annual event organised by travel guide publisher, Alan Rogers.
Named as runner up in the Country Award category, the park, owned by Blue Sky Leisure, was commended for its protection and maintenance of the woodland and open heathland.
Michael Timewell, director of Blue Sky Leisure, said: 'We're delighted that Kelling Heath has received such a glowing tribute from the judges. The award is testament to the hard work everyone at the park has put in to conserve this unique natural environment, and to how we communicate its importance to our visitors.'
The park was chosen ahead of more than 2,500 others by a panel of independent judges.
You may also want to watch:
The views of professional inspectors who provide reviews for the Alan Rogers Guides were also taken into account as well as comments from readers
? For more information about the awards please visit the website www.alanrogers.com.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich