North Norfolk GPs seeing more patients to reduce strain on NHS
- Credit: PA
More appointments are being provided by north Norfolk GP surgeries in a bid to reduce pressure on health services this winter.
Availability of the extra appointments may vary from practice to practice from day to day, depending on what staff are available.
Some practices are offering extra clinics on Fridays to help reduce weekend hospital admissions, some have added extra appointments each morning and some have booked a locum for a couple of mornings a week.
Chairman of North Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group Anoop Dhesi said: 'Everyone knows that the NHS is under pressure so it is vitally important that patients use the correct service for their problem and make use of the facilities available.'
Chief officer of both North and South Norfolk CCGs Antek Lejk, said: 'There are a variety of options for patients to utilise including 111, the walk in centre in Norwich and Cromer MIU as well as the additional appointments our GPs have put on. 'By choosing the right service for the problem we can ensure patients receive the care they need, when they need it.
He added: 'We continue to be very grateful to GPs for rearranging their appointments to create these extra on the day slots to help ease pressure on other NHS services.'
Walk-in centres are available for patients for minor illness and injuries who cannot access a GP.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 6 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 7 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 8 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 9 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 10 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
The Norwich walk-in centre is open 7am-9pm. Cromer Minor Injuries Unit is open 8am-8pm.