North Norfolk District Council set to explore alternative services following concerns about Citizens Advice Bureau in North Walsham
- Credit: PA
Concerns about the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) in north Norfolk could see other organisations invited to offer services instead.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) gives Norfolk CAB £51,310 and Mid-Norfolk CAB £15,405 every year to provide its residents with free support and advice.
But the council wants to check that it's getting value for money for its cash, following criticism of Norfolk CAB.
At tomorrow's NNDC cabinet meeting, members are set to recommend looking at both the need for services and commissioning help and advice from a range of organisations, which could include the CAB.
The former Citizens Advice North Norfolk was controversially merged with Norfolk CAB in November 2012.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, a number of volunteers left the charity and some formed a Citizens' Watch group which claims clients in North Walsham are not given enough time and are often referred to Norwich for advice.
'We are making a quite significant financial contribution to this organisation and we need to make sure that it is benefiting people within north Norfolk,' said council chief executive Sheila Oxtoby.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
No-one from Norfolk CAB was available for comment.
? What do you think? Write to EDP Letters, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE or email EDPLetters@archant.co.uk