North Norfolk coastal walk helps village hall raise the roof
- Credit: Archant
A coastal walk has gone a long way towards boosting the coffers of fundraising campaign.
More than 50 people covered a combined distance of 600 miles strolling from Weybourne to Sheringham.
A total of £1,900 was raised from the walk towards the refurbishment of Weybourne Village Hall.
Holt based Sponge cakes and Rocky Bottom Crabs and Lobsters in West Runton sponsored the We Would Walk 500 Miles Challenge, which was organised by Kate and Martin Price.
Marjorie Wright and Glen Weston decided to cover the distance pushing each other in a wheelbarrow, raising more than £400.
You may also want to watch:
The Ship Inn and Village Store provided prizes for the biggest sponsors.
The village hall committee is aiming to contribute £10,000 towards the restoration appeal providing a new roof, floor and refurbished toilets and boiler room.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Trustee committee member Lois Blamire said: 'The village hall is central to Weybourne, there are not many hours in the day when it is not being used.'
To support the appeal visit www.mydonate.bt.com/charities/weybournevillagehall