Popular seaside cafe release tell-all cook book
- Credit: Archant
A group of friends behind the North Lodge Park Cafe in Cromer have created a tell-all cook book.
The book, named Will You Marry Me? was created in celebration of the bakers who work behind the scenes to provide the delicious homemade cakes sold in the cafe.
In response to customers being continuously intrigued by the bakers' identities and their recipe secrets, the cafe produced the book.
Valerie Boon, who narrated the story in the book, said: "As a cafe volunteer I love receiving well deserved compliments on their behalf, one baker even received a marriage proposal by a customer smitten with her gooey chocolate fudge cake."
Photographer and cafe volunteer Malcolm English used his skills to capture mouth-watering images of the cakes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I'm more adept with a camera than a ladened tea tray anyway."
The book is £10 and available from Jarrolds cafe and online at NorthLodgePark.org.uk
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17