North Elmham Primary School raises money for new library with sponsored walk
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has taken part in a sponsored walk to raise money for the refurbishment of their school library.
The walk on May 12 was part of a large fund raising drive by the Friends of North Elmham School to raise enough money to allow North Elmham Primary School top update its library and provide new books.
Pupils from the school and their families walked just over two miles around the grounds of Elmham House.
The school's target is to raise £13,000 for the refurbishment work and the walk got them off to a good start, with the school estimating that they have raised more than £1,400.
The local Tea Post Coffee Shop in North Elmham also hosted a quiz night and raffle and donated all proceeds to the school.
You may also want to watch:
The next fund raising event will be a bingo evening held in the Memorial hall in North Elmham on June 19.
Doors will open at 7pm and the game will start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules