North Elmham Primary School raises money for new library with sponsored walk
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has taken part in a sponsored walk to raise money for the refurbishment of their school library.
The walk on May 12 was part of a large fund raising drive by the Friends of North Elmham School to raise enough money to allow North Elmham Primary School top update its library and provide new books.
Pupils from the school and their families walked just over two miles around the grounds of Elmham House.
The school's target is to raise £13,000 for the refurbishment work and the walk got them off to a good start, with the school estimating that they have raised more than £1,400.
The local Tea Post Coffee Shop in North Elmham also hosted a quiz night and raffle and donated all proceeds to the school.
You may also want to watch:
The next fund raising event will be a bingo evening held in the Memorial hall in North Elmham on June 19.
Doors will open at 7pm and the game will start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash