North-East Norfolk Scouts in St George’s Day parade through North Walsham
Hundreds of Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorer Scouts and their leaders from all over north Norfolk will parade through North Walsham a week tomorrow, Sunday April 17, to renew their scout promise during a special service at Nicholas' Parish Church in honour of the patron saint of scouting and England, St George.
The procession of some 600 boys, girls and adults will be led by First Hainford and Frettenham Scout Group, who are this year's hosts.
It will include groups from Aylsham, Blakeney, Buxton with Lamas, Cromer, Holt, Hoveton and Wroxham, Morley Hill, Mundesley, North Walsham, Rural (Roughton Mill), Salhouse, Sheringham and Beeston Regis, Stalham and West Runton; who all make up the scouts' North-East Norfolk District.
First Mundesley Air Scouts will be receiving the district flag this year as a reward for their efforts in their local community together with increasing their membership and leaders, while also fund raising and building a new headquarters.
The parade will leave the Memorial Park at 2.30pm and march down Farman Avenue, Grammar School Road into King's Arms Street, and up Market Place to the church.
After the service, at 3.45pm, the parade will leave the church via Market Place and Yarmouth Road, passing the saluting base near the bus stop where county scouters will receive the salute.
Local dignitaries invited to attend include town mayor Anne Rose and North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 4 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 9 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 10 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich