Missing man found following extensive search
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A cruiser stranded in reeds prompted a major multi-agency search for a man who had gone missing from the vessel on the River Waveney.
Emergency services were called out about 9pm on Saturday evening (May 11) following reports that a man was missing.
With the cruiser stranded near North Cove, the HM coastguard rescue helicopter, Hemsby's Broads Lifeboat, the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service drone, a police drone and the police dog unit were all involved in an extensive search on the River Waveney along with coastguard rescue offcers and police officers.
In a post on its Facebook page, Hemsby Lifeboat's broads lifeboat launched at the Waveney River Centre and proceeded to the search area.
They said: "After a short while HM Coastguard Rescue Helicopter 163 arrived on scene using specialist thermal imaging equipment to search the area. "Hemsby Broads Lifeboat conducted a low level search of areas under trees and dense reed beds."
You may also want to watch:
A post on the HM Coastguard Gorleston Facebook page said the team was tasked along with the Lowestoft coastguard rescue team in the search for the missing man.
They said: "A 28-year-old man had left the vessel and was later found to be heading home."
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list