Normanston Park in Lowestoft prepares to host a colourful sight for EACH this summer
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are selling fast as a new fundraising event is set to bring a splash of colour to Lowestoft.
Nearly 350 people have already signed up to join in with the Colour Dash, which is organised by East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The event is one of the children's charity's most popular fundraisers and on Sunday, July 9 it will be held at Normanston Park in Lowestoft for the first time.
The dash will be a two mile fun run around the park – with the 'fun' aspect being that participants are showered with clouds of coloured powder paint as they run. With only six weeks to go until the dash takes place, and up to 1,000 participants being invited to take part, organisers said that nearly 350 people have already signed up.
Event sponsor and local car dealership, Robinsons Volkswagen (Lowestoft) will have a team running on the day.
Mark Aspinall, general manager at Robinsons Volkswagen, said: 'To be the headline sponsor of the EACH Lowestoft Colour Dash is an important opportunity to be further involved in the local community.
'We are looking forward to partnering with EACH and seeing a sea of smiling and hopefully very colourful faces on the day.'
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 7 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
Tal Williams, EACH Norfolk Community Fundraiser, said: 'We are really delighted with the response we have received from everyone in Lowestoft. It is always exciting when we bring such a popular event to a new location and I am sure that on Sunday, July 9 we will all have a fantastic day, especially if the sun is shining.'
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia and supports their families. The nook appeal is for new purpose-built hospice on a five-acre woodland site in Framingham Earl, south of Norwich, offering services which are either currently unavailable or extremely limited at Quidenham.
Entry costs £20 for adults, including a T-shirt, medal and a pot of paint for the colour party at the end or £10 for children aged five to 15). There are also ticket packages for families and teams.
To book your place, visit www.each.org.uk or contact the fundraising team on 01953 666767.