Normal service resumed after earlier train delays between Lowestoft and Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A normal service has been resumed on the Lowestoft to Ipswich line after an earlier points failure.
A set of points failed at Westerfield – requiring attention from Network Rail engineers.
The 9.17am service from Ipswich to Lowestoft was started at Woodbridge.
A rail replacement bus, operated by Panther Travel and Regals, operated between Ipswich and Woodbridge.
Commuters also experienced short delays on other services heading towards Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the 8.48am Lowestoft to Norwich train was cancelled, as was the 8.17am Great Yarmouth to Norwich service.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences