Miniature donkeys head to Norwich for cookbook launch
- Credit: Plain Speaking PR
A new cookbook featuring tasty recipes for sweet and savoury lovers has launched to ensure Norfolk's miniature donkeys continue to help those in need.
The herd from Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing came along to The Forum and the Assembly House in Norwich to celebrate the launch of the new MiniDonks recipe book – Maude’s Makes and Bakes, which was curated by volunteer Linda White.
Each recipe is accompanied by a story or anecdotes about what the donkey means to contributors.
Sarah McPherson started the social enterprise after her parents developed dementia, with the herd of MiniDonks visiting people in care homes and other residential settings.
She said the project has evolved from a simple cookbook to something "far more special", adding: “We know that spending time with our miniature donkeys can bring genuine therapeutic benefits and moments of pure joy to people living with complex disabilities and conditions - even those people who are largely considered to be ‘locked-in'.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s our mission to bring a touch of MiniDonk magic to as many individuals and communities as possible.”
The book is available to purchase in three sizes, costing £12 for A5, £16 A4, or £10 for the ebook, with all proceeds donated to Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage