Norfolk X Factor hopeful Leon Mallett given second chance to perform in live shows as wildcard contestant

Leon Mallett has become the third contestant to be eliminated from The X Factor live shows. Photo: D

Leon Mallett has become the third contestant to be eliminated from The X Factor live shows. Photo: Dymond/Thames/Syco for ITV. - Credit: Dymond / Thames / Syco for ITV.

Norfolk X Factor hopeful Leon Mallett has been given a second chance to perform in the live shows this weekend.

The 22-year-old, from Lingwood, near Acle, had failed to impress Louis Walsh at the Judges' house phase of the competition earlier this week.

But after voting closed on Monday, he was chosen as one of four wildcard contestants who will return for the live rounds.

A source told The Sun: 'Few things divide fans like previously axed ­contestants being given another shot, but the public have spoken.

'After voting closed on Monday, Leon, ­Alisah, Jack and Joel and Talia were told they'd nabbed the four remaining spots.

'They've all been favourites throughout the season, and as we've seen in years previously, could well go on to be the show's most ­memorable acts. They're all beyond excited and are working tirelessly to prove viewers got it right and that they are worthy of a spot.'

The wildcards will join the 12 finalists when the live shows kicks off in London this weekend.

Most Read

It is understood Mr Mallett will be performing on Saturday evening.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter