Norfolk woman raises £8,500 for charity in one year
- Credit: Archant
Last year, Sophie Baker made a public pledge to raise £5,000 for charity.
She posted the goal on Facebook for all her friends and family to see, knowing it would spur her into action.
And now 12 months later, she has raised £8,500 - with donations still coming in for her chosen charities, each of which have a personal connection.
'My friend's mum, who had suffered from a brain aneurism, organised a charity walk covering the 67-mile route the air ambulance took her to hospital from Norwich to Cambridge.
'That's what really started it off for me. I took part in the walk and then started organising other challenges.'
You may also want to watch:
Sophie, who lives in Ringland, chose Nelson's Journey after a little girl she describes as 'almost a family member' died at the age of four. The charity supported the girl's siblings, helping them with their bereavement.
And Sophie chose to support the British Heart Foundation after losing her dad to a heart attack.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each