Woman in 70s taken to hospital after crash with police car
- Credit: Ian Burt
An elderly driver has been taken to hospital after a crash involving a marked police car.
The collision between a marked police Ford Focus and a Nissan Micra happened on the B1145 at Ashwicken, near East Winch in West Norfolk.
The driver of the Nissan Micra, a woman in her 70s from the local area, was taken for treatment to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn after sustaining, what appears to be, injuries to her wrist and ankle.
The crash occurred at about 12.20pm today (May 5) close to the East Winch road. Local diversions have been put in place.
Officers from the Roads Policing Team are carrying out enquiries into the circumstances surrounding the collision.
The road has been closed while initial scene investigations are carried out.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 8 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride