WATCH:The heartwarming moment a football fan is surprised with his dream home
- Credit: Archant
A West Ham supporter's dream has come true after a Norfolk business built a claret and blue cabin for him so he could have his independence.
Ben Smith, from Martham, near Great Yarmouth, recently moved to Norfolk to live with his family and had his heart set on owning a vibrant West Ham inspired cabin in his parent's garden.
The striking design signified his love for the football team and the 28-year-old, who has Down's syndrome, kept a coloured-in brochure of his dream home.
When the family approached Cabins Unlimited, who are based in Dereham, they pulled together a team to make Mr Smith's dream come true and plot the ultimate surprise - build the claret and blue cabin in one day.
After seeing his new home, Mr Smith said: "It's really good, I love it, happy days. Bringing back new and old happy times, new beginnings."
You may also want to watch:
His mum Paula Smith said: "We've got a cabin to help Ben be an independent young man, we're going to make a bed sit in there.
"It's possibly not the colours I would choose, but if it makes Ben happy it's alright with us.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
"It's been a big upheaval for Ben to move to Norfolk and now he can feel at home here with his own safe little cabin."
Kerry Doyle, business sales manager at Cabins Unlimited, said: "Right from the moment we met Ben, we wanted to do something extra special for him. He brightened our sales office with his infectious smile and joked with his mother about painting his cabin claret and blue for his favourite football team West Ham. Surprising him by painting it for him seemed like the perfect thing to do.
"A cabin build of this size would often be a multiple day project, so the install team had to pull out all the stops to get it completed all in one day," she said.
And Luke Gort, install manager, said: "It was a huge challenge to get the cabin built, insulated and painted all before Ben returned home, but the team all pulled together to get everything done in time for the grand reveal.