60mph winds and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norfolk and Waveney could be hit by gusts of up to 60mph, with a weather warning ahead for heavy winds.
The Met Office has put a yellow weather warning in place for Wednesday and Thursday this week, which warns of potential delays to traffic, power cuts and rail delays as a result.
Norwich-based forecasters Weatherquest said that people could expect it to be "quite blustery" across the region, with wind speeds of up to 60mph possible.
Fred Best, of Weatherquest, said: "From Wednesday evening through until Thursday it could be quite blustery and more widespread across the region.
"The speeds are likely to be mainly around 40-45mph, but in burst could get up to around 50-55mph, particularly in parts of the coast."
Mr Best added that speeds may well reach close to the 60mph mark on Thursday, with around 10-15mm of rain also forecast for Wednesday evening onwards.
He added: "It will be more than just a windy day, with fairly widespread strong winds.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon