Norfolk villages could go 48 hours without power
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Swathes of Norfolk remain powerless following outages caused by Storm Eunice yesterday.
UK Power Networks said that their engineers are rushed off their feet trying to restore power to the region.
Those areas that remain without power supply includes Little Massingham, Brinton, Sisland, Hapton, Starston, Bungay, Kenninghall and more.
By the time they are due to be fixed tomorrow afternoon, some areas will have been without power for 48 hours.
Other areas, however, have had their power restored.
This includes Swaffham, Pentney, Horsford, Long Stratton and Buxton.
UK Power Networks has said that 2,000 properties in Norfolk remain without power after the electricity network suffered "a month's worth of faults in a day" due to strong winds.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 4 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 8 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 9 Mobile home fire spreads to nearby properties
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
The firm, which provides electricity to the East and South East of England, suffered damage in more than 1,800 locations.
In a statement from the firm, a spokesman said: "Our teams have restored power to more than 90pc of properties affected and are prioritising damage affecting the largest groups of customers first.
"We are working hard to restore the majority of power supplies by the end of Sunday if not sooner.
"We understand that some customers may have been without electricity for longer than we would usually expect, due to the extensive damage caused by Storm Eunice.
"Customers entitled to a payment in line with the Electricity Guaranteed Standards will be contacted proactively by our teams."
In Suffolk, 6,700 homes remain without power.
Have you been impacted by power outages across Norfolk? Contact email@example.com.