Norfolk theatre to host ‘entertaining evening’ with former UKIP leader Nigel Farage
- Credit: PA
The Princess Theatre in Hunstanton is to welcome Nigel Farage later this year and give people the opportunity to spend the evening with the former UKIP leader.
Having been described as 'the most important British politician of the last decade and the most successful' by the shows promoters, the prominent Brexit supporter is coming to the venue on Friday April 28.
Tickets cost £25 and are available now via the theatre's website.
It comes as the MEP dismissed calls for UKIP to try to occupy the centre ground deserted by Labour, and said the party must retain its distinctive, anti-establishment voice.
UKIP should replicate Donald Trump's uncompromising strategy and send a 'clear, strong and true message' to the electorate, Mr Farage said.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at the party's spring conference in Bolton, the former leader hit out at those who are 'now urging Ukip to become mainstream'.
He said: 'Now, I understand this. It's nice to be popular, it's good to get invited to all the right social set parties in London, and I guess it is easier in life to be thought of as nice rather than one of those unpleasant populists.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
'But this attitude, folks, is not Ukip. Ukip is a radical party, or it is nothing.
'We need to be leading the political conversation, not trying to sound like all the rest.'