Region’s Retro Riderz take their annual Christmas Cruise
- Credit: Archant
Biking group The Norfolk/Suffolk Retro Riderz (NSRR), took part in a Christmas Lights cruise around Norwich earlier this week.
The group - who celebrate a love of cycling and bikes from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's and support each others restoration projects - organise a variety of events throughout the year culminating in their Christmas Lights Cruise.
Riders decorate their bikes, don Christmas attire and take a leisurely cycle around Norwich among the city's festive lights.
Watton-local Justin Smith, one of the organisers of the event, said 'Last year was our first 'Xmas Lights Cruise' and it was met with much joy by the shoppers who were in the city. We decided to do it again this year and on Wednesday night 35 riders came and decorated bikes to take to Norwich city centre.'
Members as young as seven and as old as 70 attended, showing just how inclusive the activity can be.
You may also want to watch:
The NSRR take part in many biking events around the country, as well as organising their own regular meet ups. Earlier this month some of their members also attended the Santa Cruise in London in aid of the Evaline Children's Heart Organisation (ECHO), along with 500 other riders from around the nation.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17