Drivers leaving region could face delays after horsebox overturns on major route
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Drivers taking the M11 faced delays after an overturned horsebox stopped traffic.
Cambridgeshire police tweeted to say the road was at a standstill after the crash near Duxford at 8am on Sunday.
The incident initially affected both north and southbound carriageways.
But by 8.45am Highways England confirmed that the road had reopened in both directions and delays were starting to ease.
They said the horsebox had been moved and all horses had been safely escorted off the road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old