Norfolk Spectacular looks set to return next year after successful debut
The Norfolk Spectacular, which saw more than 35,000 music fans flock to Norwich to see chart-topping acts, has been hailed a major success.
Organisers of the event today suggested the two-day festival will return to the showground in Cosstessey next year.
Held for the first time at the weekend, the event saw dozens of the UK's brightest urban music starts perform.
Acts included X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke, Eliza Doolittle, Professor Green, Chase and Status and N-Dubz.
Norfolk Spectacular spokesman Dion Clements said: 'It went very well and there were high numbers of people on both days. It was the first year and we were very pleased with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope to make an official announcement within the next few weeks but it is certainly looking like it will be returning next year.'
Crowds of more than 15,000 flocked to the sun-soaked main stage on Saturday. One of the highlights of the day was Example who went to number one in the UK singles chart on Sunday night.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
On Sunday, rain failed to dampen the spirits of festival-goers and it was estimated crowds were bigger with 20,000 people.
Mr Clements added: 'One of the highlights on Saturday was Example's performance. Given he was on at 3pm, he whipped the audience into a complete and utter frenzy.
'Other highlights were Professor Green, Tinie Tempah and N-Dubz. Every single artist came off the stage thrilled to be there and to have done the show. They were very excited back stage.'
For reviews of some of the acts, a photo gallery of the stars and audience and reader comments on the event, visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk