Hundreds of skiers and snowboarders take to the slopes for annual slalom races
- Credit: Archant
Some of the best skiers and snowboarders in the county descended on Trowse for a friendly evening of racing.
The annual Night Slalom event at Norfolk Snowsports Club saw 100 of the clubs members aged from six to 60 take part in timed slalom races with a head-to-head race between the two fastest times.
Although the event welcomes novices and racers, it marks the beginning of the race season for the clubs Wannabe Racers and Race Team,.
Thomas Homes was the fastest skier in the men's class with Megan Skipper taking top spot in the ladies.
David Beckett, head race coach said: 'As always it's great to see the youngest of the club members participate in what for some was their first of many competitions and we hope they will be helping the club maintain its number one position in the dry slope summer league many years to come'.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Snowsports Club will be hosting further race events including the 45th All England Championships.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?