WATCH: The moment a shark visited Caister beach
- Credit: Tim Lindon
Swimming in shark infested waters is a phenomenon usually seen on the big screen, however swimmers were left paddling for shore when a shark appeared of the Norfolk coast.
Tim Lindon was enjoying cooling off in the sea at Caister, when he noticed a fish with a large fin swim past behind him.
He said: 'When you see anything with a fin in the ocean you swim away from it! I was reasoning that this is Norfolk, you don't get sharks in the UK, but I wanted to get out to try and have a better look anyway.
'It was over a metre long, and it had some sort of injury to its nose. It was thrashing about in the sea, I think it was trying to get into the warmer water.'
the 39-year-old added: 'I'm a videographer so I have my camera with me wherever I go. So I grabbed it for some footage. People around me were yelling that there was a shark in the water, and everyone was rushing out.'
You may also want to watch:
Having posted it on Facebook, many viewers believe that it was a Smooth-hound shark.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list