Travel firm launches annual Santa’s Sleigh Appeal for Break charity
- Credit: Archant
A travel firm has launched its sixth annual Santa's Sleigh appeal to help change the lives of vulnerable children and young people this Christmas.
The team at Hays Travel is asking people to pop into one of their branches and donate new, unwrapped items in aid of Norfolk-based charity Break.
They are looking for toys, gift sets, toiletries, household goods, stationery items and books.
Branch manager of Hays Travel Aylsham and appeal co-ordinator, Jo Dobbie said: 'I initially started Santa's Sleigh at the Aylsham branch, and then got Sheringham on board with it too.
'This year our new Hays Travel branches in Cromer, Fakenham and Downham Market are also running the appeal.'
You may also want to watch:
Danielle Gravestock, senior fundraising officer for Break, which supports young people in care, children with disabilities and families, said: 'These gifts really do make a difference to the children and young people we support.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village