Norfolk’s Caroline Flack reportedly axed from The X Factor
- Credit: PA
Simon Cowell has fired Caroline Flack from The X Factor after just one series according to reports.
A source from the ITV show told The Sun that the Thetford-born presenter was sacked from the show following 'negative feedback' from viewers about her presenting partnership with singer Olly Murs.
The pair replaced long-term host Dermot O'leary last year after a big personnel shake-up by Simon Cowell but received criticism after a number of live on-air blunders.
The 36-year-old remained silent on the matter on Twitter but she has confirmed her return to ITV2's Love Island later in the year.
It comes as Nick Grimshaw has confirmed his departure from The X Factor judging panel after joining alongside Rita Ora in 2015.
A spokesman for Grimshaw, who spent just one season as a judge on the popular show, told The Sun the Radio One presenter made the decision to leave and had not been sacked.
The spokesman said: 'After careful consideration, Nick's decided to rule himself out as a judge on this year's X Factor.'
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 9 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 10 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
It is believed he will be replaced on the panel by One Direction's Louis Tomlinson as the band continue their hiatus.