Norfolk’s Boudicca Way makes top 50 ‘bucket list’
A rejuvenated Norfolk footpath has made it onto a list of top 50 tourism gems in the country.
The Boudicca Way, which runs between Diss and Norwich, has received a revamp following a �50,000 funding boost.
The 36 mile route has received a boost after featuring on a new 'bucket list' of top tourist destinations in Britain.
The footpath makes the top 50 list following a survey commissioned by hotel chain Premier Inn. Holkham Beach is the only other Norfolk destination on the list.
It comes after the Boudicca Way, named after the Iceni warrior queen, received new signposts this year as part of an investment from the Waveney Local Action Group, funded by the Rural Development Programme for England.
You may also want to watch:
The route runs between the railway stations at Norwich and Diss and was first established 10 years ago.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder