Norfolk Rural Community Council to boost affordable housing in Cromer, Blakeney and Hunstanton
A charity helping to support communities across the county is hold a series of meetings to tackle the issue of affordable housing in Norfolk.
Norfolk Rural Community Council is running projects in Cromer, Blakeney and Hunstanton and will be looking to bring empty properties back into use as affordable housing.
Project officer Barry Duffin said the group was inspired by the success of the Homes for Wells project which, since its launch in 2006, has provided housing for over 50 people,
'We thought that this project can't be unique for Wells,' he said.
'We are running with Cromer, Blakeney and Hunstanton initially but we would like to get more on board because it does work.'
Mr Duffin said anyone could get involved including owners of empty holiday homes who could offer short hold tenancies.
He added: 'We are always looking at the good will of others and we are determined to find affordable housing for everyone as it's something we need in Norfolk.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 5 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
The council also plans to create a Community Land Trust in each of the areas and is looking for two other parishes within the Norfolk Coast Partnership area of outstanding natural beauty - joint sponsors of the project.
Open meetings are being held in Blakeney at the Scout Hall on September 6, Hunstanton at the Town Hall on September 18, and at Cromer Community Hall on September 27.
Both meetings start at 6pm and should finish by 8pm.
? For more details ring Mr Duffin on 01362 698216 or 07734 261251 or email email@example.com.