Norfolk restaurants named in The Good Food Guide 2018
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk has once again been recognised as a foodie hotspot with a number of restaurants across the county featuring in the prestigious guide.
The annual Good Food Guide serves up the nation's finest dining experiences and those that make the cut are decided by the public.
The restaurants chosen for the guide are then given a 1-10 rating with seven and above indicating the top 50 restaurants in the UK.
This year's Norfolk offering includes Morston Hall in Holt, The Neptune Inn in Hunstanton, Roger Hickman's and Benedicts in Norwich - who all achieved a five or six ranking.
Richard Bainbridge, chef owner of Benedicts, said: 'This guide is so important to us as it's not based on critics but on public opinion from customers who send reviews to The Good Food Guide.
You may also want to watch:
'It's phenomenal for us as an independent restaurant that has only been open for two years to feature in the guide and to get our name known on a national level.
'Benedicts is a family run business and our staff inspire me every day and make sure every moment from booking to leaving the restaurant is a fantastic experience for the customer.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
'If this is what we can achieve in two years imagine what we can do in ten - we haven't even started to spread our culinary wings yet.'
Benedicts first featured in the guide in 2017 and have maintained their five ranking this year.
Mr Bainbridge, from Norwich, has worked at some of the world's best restaurants including the three Michelin-starred Waterside Inn in Maidenhead, Berkshire, and Günter Seeger in New York.
In 2015 he won BBC2's Great British Menu and returned as a veteran judge in 2017.