Two Norfolk restaurants named among UK’s top 100 places to eat
- Credit: Archant
Two Norfolk restaurants have been featured in Harden's guide to the best UK restaurants for 2018.
Morston Hall in Morston and The Neptune in Old Hunstanton were named among the top 100 restaurants in the country, placing at 36th and 44th respectively.
Rating establishments on several categories, including food, ambience and service, Harden's 100 is based on their annual survey of diners.
For their 27th list, a total of 8,500 participants were surveyed, who contributed 50,000 reviews which formed the basis of the guide.
London eateries dominated the top 100, with the coveted first place going to sushi specialist The Araki on New Burlington Street.
You may also want to watch:
Chef Owner of Morston Hall, Galton Blackiston, thought it was 'great news' that his North Norfolk restaurant had been included by Harden's.
Similarly, Kevin Mangeolles, Chef Owner of The Neptune, said: 'It's really lovely, this is a very nice thing, though it's a little weird to be in the top 100, we're a nice restaurant, but I never thought we'd be up there.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR