Norfolk rapper and Rudimental warm-up act Franko Fraize set for BBC Radio 1 debut
- Credit: Archant
After a sensational summer of festival performances, rapper Franko Fraize is celebrating yet again after recording a session at the BBC's iconic Maida Vale studio.
The set by the Thetford artist will be played on BBC Radio 1 at around 11am today, accompanied by an interview with presenter Clara Amfo.
Franko said he was invited to record the set by BBC Radio 1 Introducing, which has championed his rap singles. He will also be appearing on BBC Radio Norfolk today.
He went to record the session with his own band, including fellow Thetfordian singer Tone.
He said: 'It is an honour to be in a Maida Vale session. I took my whole band because I wanted them to share the dream with me.
'I have had a mad summer and everything was as good as I wanted it to be, and this is the icing on the cake.'
After a busy summer – performing at Thetford Forest with Rudimental and at the Reading and Leeds Festivals – Franko said he is knuckling down in the recording studio again and hopes to release another single by the end of the year.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
He is also planning some shows closer to home in The Hideout in Thetford, in Norwich and Bury St Edmunds.
'I am making the most of it and playing every gig I can do. Now, it is all about getting onto daytime radio – that is the game changer.'