Thank you from the depths of my heart - Norfolk-raised TV presenter Simon Thomas on “incredible” support since his wife’s tragic death
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Norfolk-raised TV presenter Simon Thomas has thanked people for their 'incredible outpouring of love and support' since his wife Gemma died just three days after falling ill with leukaemia.
It is two weeks since the grief-stricken Sky Sports presenter urged others to pray for their eight-year-old son Ethan following his wife's tragic death.
Mr Thomas, a committed Christian who grew up in Cromer and later at Grimston near King's Lynn, has taken to social media again to thank people for their support since her death.
He tweeted: 'Two weeks on since she went. I have only been able to read a fraction of the incredible outpouring of love and support for us on here in the painful days that followed. One day, with my boy, we will read them. For now, all I can say from the depths of my heart, is thank you.'??
A week ago Mr Thomas shared a drawing of his wife by their son.
You may also want to watch:
On the post on Instagram Mr Thomas called Ethan 'One brave, amazing son'.
The Norfolk-raised TV presenter said he was 'crushed with indescribable pain' after his wife Gemma died just three days after falling ill with leukaemia.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
The former Blue Peter presenter tweeted the tragic news on November 26 and the committed Christian urged people to pray for Ethan.
Mr Thomas, who grew up in Cromer and at Grimston, tweeted: 'Today I am crushed with indescribable pain. Just three days after falling ill with Acute Myloid Leukaemia, my dear wife Gemma passed away yesterday evening surrounded by her family and friends. If you are a prayer - pray for my boy Ethan. 8yrs, precious and in bits.'
Words of condolence for Mr Thomas's loss have poured in from around the world.
Mr Thomas, 44, who now lives in Reading, is a lifelong Norwich City fan, and Canaries supporters have been among those passing on words of comfort.
Football clubs, including Burnley, Fulham and Wigan, tweeted their support, while Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, former West Ham player Carlton Cole, Bournemouth's Marc Pugh and ex-Canary Anthony Pilkington, now at Cardiff City, offered condolences.