Thank you from the depths of my heart - Norfolk-raised TV presenter Simon Thomas on “incredible” support since his wife’s tragic death
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Norfolk-raised TV presenter Simon Thomas has thanked people for their 'incredible outpouring of love and support' since his wife Gemma died just three days after falling ill with leukaemia.
It is two weeks since the grief-stricken Sky Sports presenter urged others to pray for their eight-year-old son Ethan following his wife's tragic death.
Mr Thomas, a committed Christian who grew up in Cromer and later at Grimston near King's Lynn, has taken to social media again to thank people for their support since her death.
He tweeted: 'Two weeks on since she went. I have only been able to read a fraction of the incredible outpouring of love and support for us on here in the painful days that followed. One day, with my boy, we will read them. For now, all I can say from the depths of my heart, is thank you.'??
A week ago Mr Thomas shared a drawing of his wife by their son.
On the post on Instagram Mr Thomas called Ethan 'One brave, amazing son'.
The Norfolk-raised TV presenter said he was 'crushed with indescribable pain' after his wife Gemma died just three days after falling ill with leukaemia.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
The former Blue Peter presenter tweeted the tragic news on November 26 and the committed Christian urged people to pray for Ethan.
Mr Thomas, who grew up in Cromer and at Grimston, tweeted: 'Today I am crushed with indescribable pain. Just three days after falling ill with Acute Myloid Leukaemia, my dear wife Gemma passed away yesterday evening surrounded by her family and friends. If you are a prayer - pray for my boy Ethan. 8yrs, precious and in bits.'
Words of condolence for Mr Thomas's loss have poured in from around the world.
Mr Thomas, 44, who now lives in Reading, is a lifelong Norwich City fan, and Canaries supporters have been among those passing on words of comfort.
Football clubs, including Burnley, Fulham and Wigan, tweeted their support, while Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, former West Ham player Carlton Cole, Bournemouth's Marc Pugh and ex-Canary Anthony Pilkington, now at Cardiff City, offered condolences.